From ThorSport Racing PR:
Ben Rhodes, No. 27 Safelite AutoGlass Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Atlanta Motor Speedway – Active Pest Control 200
Race No. 2 of 23
Laps Led: 0
Driver Points: 3rd
Ben Rhodes, driver of the No. 27 Safelite AutoGlass Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Atlanta (Ga) Motor Speedway in Saturday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Active Pest Control 200. Starting 15th, the ThorSport Racing driver ran as high as second, and finished fourth, a track-best, in the 130-lap event.
After scoring bonus points for finishing fourth, and third, respectively, in both the first and second stages of the race, Rhodes was able to put himself in contention to compete for a win late in the game on Saturday night. Restarting third, with less than 15 laps remaining, the Safelite AutoGlass driver didn’t get the restart that was needed to edge race winner, Christopher Bell, out off the lead, and would cross the stripe fourth. The solid run was the sophomore driver’s first top-five finish in two starts at the 1.54-mile track.
“Man this was such a great run for my No. 27 Safelite Toyota team. It was a little discouraging qualifying where we did, but we fought all night, and stayed up front. I think we could have been out there doing doughnuts tonight, if we would have timed that restart a little better. I’m glad that I was able to help push a Toyota to victory, just wish it would have been a ThorSport Racing Toyota Tundra.”
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had three practice sessions on Friday in preparation for Saturday’s 130-lap event at Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS). Ben Rhodes was 19th, fifth, and 13th, respectively.
- Saturday’s Active Pest Control 200 marked Rhodes second start at AMS. The ThorSport Racing driver started 15th, ran as high as second, and finished fourth.
- In two starts at the 1.54-mile track, Rhodes has one top-five and two top-10 finishes.
- In 29 career starts, Rhodes has one pole (Martinsville-1, 2016), and has led 75 laps en route to four top-five, and nine top-10 finishes.
- Rhodes’ ThorSport Racing teammates finished second (Crafton), eighth (Enfinger) and 16th (Coughlin).
- Up next: The Alpha Energy Solutions 250 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway on Saturday, April 1.
About Safelite AutoGlass®:
Safelite AutoGlass® is the nation’s largest provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services with more than 7,200 MobileGlassShops™ and company stores in all 50 states. Last year, nearly 6 million customers chose Safelite for its 24/7 national contact centers, advanced online scheduling, superior repair and replacement systems, and the industry’s only nationwide lifetime guarantee. Founded in 1947, the Columbus, Ohio-based company employs 13,000 people across the United States. For more information visit: www.Safelite.com.
About ThorSport Racing:
ThorSport Racing, based in Sandusky, Ohio, is the longest-tenured NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team. ThorSport Racing, which has competed in the NCWTS since 1996, will run the No. 88 Menards Toyota Tundra driven by two-time NCWTS drivers’ champion Matt Crafton, the No. 13 JEGS/RIDE TV Toyota Tundra driven by Cody Coughlin, the No. 27 Safelite AutoGlass Toyota Tundra driven by Ben Rhodes, and the No. 98 RIDE TV/Champion Power Equipment/Jive Communications Toyota Tundra driven by Grant Enfinger. For more information visit www.ThorSport.com.
Edgehill Management Group
Director of Public Relations, ThorSport Racing