From ThorSport Racing PR:
Ben Rhodes, No. 41 Carolina Nut Co./Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Dover International Speedway – JACOB Companies 200
Race No. 5 of 23
Driver Points: 17th
Owner Points: 18th
Ben Rhodes Race Recap:
Ben Rhodes, driver of the No. 41 Carolina Nut Co./Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra made the trip to Dover International Speedway on Friday the 13th looking for some luck. The Louisville, Kentucky native started 10th, when practice was cancelled due to rain and the 32-truck field was set based on the rulebook – combined practice speeds from Thursday – ran as high as sixth, but finished 28th after being involved in a lap 62 incident with teammate, Rico Abreu in Turn 4. Rhodes, who takes blame for getting loose underneath the 98 machine, experienced heavy damage, and spent a majority of the race behind pit wall making repairs to his Toyota Tundra. The ThorSport Racing driver would eventually return to track, scored more than 65 laps down to the race leader, and cross the stripe in the 28th position behind teammate and race winner, Matt Crafton.
“We had a really fast Tundra, but just struggled on the restarts, I was getting kind of frustrated. I drove it in there pretty deep, and it stuck, but when I ‘landed,’ I got loose, and Rico (Abreu) started to get a run on my outside. The combination of those two things sucked me around. It’s something I haven’t experienced yet driving these trucks, and something I’m going to learn the hard way. I’m really disappointed in myself. Our team works so hard on these trucks, and Rico certainly didn’t do anything wrong. We have fast trucks and we’ll be back.”
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series had three two practice sessions on Thursday afternoon in preparation for Friday’s JACOB Companies 200 at Dover International Speedway. Ben Rhodes was 8th, and 16th, respectively.
- Qualifying for the 17th annual event was cancelled on Friday afternoon due to weather. The 32-truck field was set based on the rule book – combined practice speeds – and Rhodes rolled off from the 10th position for the 200-lap event.
- In his second NCWTS start at the Monster Mile, the ThorSport Racing driver started 10th, ran as high as sixth, and finished 28th after being involved in a lap 62 incident with teammate, Rico Abreu.
- In nine NCWTS starts, Rhodes has one pole (Martinsville), and has led 47 laps en route to two top-10 finishes.
- Rhodes’ ThorSport Racing teammates finished 1st (Crafton), 19th (Hayley), and 22nd (Abreu)
- Up next: The NC Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Friday, May 20, 2016
About Carolina Nut Co.:
For more than 60 years The Carolina Nut Co. has used unique handcrafted family recipes to create gourmet nut flavors for every nut lover. Located in Henderson, N.C., The Carolina Nut Co. is a family-owned company that is spreading its delicious nut creations throughout the nation. To learn more, visit www.carolinanut.com .
About Alpha Energy Solutions:
Alpha Energy Solutions is a commercial and industrial service provider specializing in building automation, indoor energy solutions, chillers, boilers, electrical, equipment rental, food equipment service, piping, plumbing, sheet metal, refrigeration, insulation, and part sales. With more than 200 service personnel, Alpha is one of the largest self-performing service providers. Alpha’s highly skilled technicians operate quickly and efficiently in all areas of system maintenance and management. As members of the community they serve, Alpha’s associates are committed to job quality and customer satisfaction. To learn more, visit www.alphamechanicalservice.com
About ThorSport Racing:
ThorSport Racing, based in a state-of-the-art 100,000-square-foot facility in Sandusky, Ohio, is the longest-tenured NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team. ThorSport Racing, which has competed in the NCWTS since 1996, will run the No. 88 Menards Toyota Tundra driven by two-time NCWTS drivers’ champion Matt Crafton, the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra driven by Cameron Hayley, the No. 41 Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra driven by Ben Rhodes, and the No. 98 Safelite/CURB Records Toyota Tundra driven by Rico Abreu in 2016. To learn more visit www.ThorSport.com
ThorSport Racing Media Contact: