From ThorSport Racing PR –
Ben Rhodes, No. 27 Safelite AutoGlass Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Gateway Motorsports Park – Drivin’ for Linemen 200
Race No. 8 of 23
Driver Point Standings: 5th
Owner Point Standings: 6th
Sounding Off – Ben Rhodes:
You started from the front row and finished second in your track debut at Gateway one year ago. Do you think this is the weekend where you can finally get that win?
“We have been knocking down the door for a win the whole year, so it’s only a matter of time. Since I have a good track record at Gateway, it looks like it could be a great weekend for us. This year we will put ourselves in a better position with pit strategy, and build on the speed we’ve had. Gateway is a close track to home for me, so winning with the family there would be an awesome feeling.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Information…The No. 27 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will utilize chassis No. 11 for Saturday night’s Drivin’ for Linemen 200 at Gateway Motorsports Park (GMP) in St. Louis. This is the same chassis that Rhodes piloted earlier this season at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway.
- “Show Me” State Stats… In his track debut at GMP in 2016, the ThorSport Racing driver started first, led four laps, and finished a career-best second.
- NASCAR Salutes… In conjunction with the NASCAR Salutes initiative in June, Gateway Motorsports Park, NASCAR and Camping World will salute Scott Air Force Base’s 100th anniversary on Saturday, hosting service men and women stationed at the base. The first 10,000 fans will receive American flags for a special recognition of our service members prior to the race, and all NCWTS entries will run a special Scott Air Force Base decal this weekend.Additionally, Rhodes will lead a garage tour on Saturday afternoon for select military members and their families.
- In the Loop – Gateway… According to NASCAR’s Loop Data Statistics, Rhodes has an Average Running Position of 5.49, a Driver Rating of 108.0, and has spent 100 percent of laps run in the Top-15 entering the 17th annual event at the 1.25-mile track.
- In the Loop – 2017… According to NASCAR’s Loop Data statistics, Rhodes ranks fourth in the following categories after seven races this season; Average Running Position (8.17), Driver Rating (98.7), Fastest Laps Run (75), and Laps Led (116). The ThorSport Racing driver ranks sixth overall in Laps in the Top-15 (907).
- Rearview Mirror – Texas… Making his third start at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Rhodes started a track-best seventh, ran as high as fourth, and finished a track-best fifth in the 167-lap event. The top-five result was the Safelite AutoGlass drivers second consecutive top-five finish of the 2017 season.
- Catch Ben at Gateway… Rhodes will participate in the NCWTS autograph session on Saturday, June 17 from 2-2:45pm CT under tent near the scoring pylon – right outside of the NCWTS garage.
Rhodes Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 34 since 2014
- First Full-time Season: 2016
- First Start: Martinsville-1, 2014 (8th)
- Poles: 1 (Martinsville-1, 2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 6
- Top-10 Finishes: 12
- Laps Completed: 5053
- Laps Led: 171
- Best Finish: 2nd; Gateway
- Avg. Start: 9.5
- Avg. Finish: 14.3
- Stage 1 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 35)
- Stage 2 – 35 laps (concludes at lap 70)
- Stage 3 – 90 laps (concludes at lap 160)
Date: Saturday, June 17
Time: 8:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1, SiriusXM & MRN
Track: 1.25-mile oval
Distance: 160 Laps, 200 Miles
Race Hashtags: #DrivinForLinemen200 & #NASCARSalutes
About Safelite AutoGlass®:
Safelite AutoGlass® is the nation’s largest provider of vehicle glass repair and replacement services with more than 7,200 MobileGlassShops™ and company stores in all 50 states. Last year, nearly 6 million customers chose Safelite for its 24/7 national contact centers, advanced online scheduling, superior repair and replacement systems, and the industry’s only nationwide lifetime guarantee. Founded in 1947, the Columbus, Ohio-based company employs 13,000 people across the United States. For more information visit: www.Safelite.com.
About ThorSport Racing:
ThorSport Racing, based in Sandusky, Ohio, is the longest-tenured NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team. ThorSport Racing, which has competed in the NCWTS since 1996, will run the No. 88 Menards Toyota Tundra driven by two-time NCWTS drivers’ champion Matt Crafton, the No. 13 JEGS/RIDE TV Toyota Tundra driven by Cody Coughlin, the No. 27 Safelite AutoGlass Toyota Tundra driven by Ben Rhodes, and the No. 98 RIDE TV/Champion Power Equipment/Jive Communications Toyota Tundra driven by Grant Enfinger. For more information visit www.ThorSport.com.