From ThorSport Racing PR:
Ben Rhodes, No. 41 Carolina Nut Co./Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Dover International Speedway – Dover 200
Race No. 5 of 23
Crew Chief: Kevin Bellicourt
Engine: Triad Racing Technologies
2016 Driver Point Standings: 12th
2016 Owner Point Standings: 12th
Sounding Off – Ben Rhodes:
What are some of the challenges your faced with at a track like Dover?
“Well, we’ve always been really fast at Dover, whether it was in the truck or K&N car, but the Monster Mile likes to chew you up, and spit you out. The first time I went there in a K&N car, we were chasing down the leaders, blew a tire, and hit the wall. In 2014 in the K&N car, our motor blew while leading the race. Last year in the Truck Series, we were running inside the top-10, two trucks got together, and I had nowhere to go, and got caught up in the mess. So, needless to say, no good finishes to speak of with how well we’ve run there. However, those two good runs we had in the K&N Series, Kevin Bellicourt was my car chief, and now he’s my crew chief. He knows how I like my trucks set up, and we are steadily building competitive trucks.”
Is Dover a physically demanding track?
“Yes. It’s physically demanding, and much like a roller coaster. My biggest problem with tracks like Dover and Bristol – the high-banked tracks that you’re really wheeling the truck from inside – I find I hold my breath. I’ll go through the corners, holding my breath, and forget to breathe the entire time down the straightaway, which makes it really tough. So, I’ve been working on that, breathing. Everything is just coming at you so fast, so you have to have good reaction time, and just be on your toes.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Information… The No. 41 ThorSport Racing team will utilize chassis No. 36 for Friday’s Dover 200 at Dover International Speedway. This is the same chassis that teammate Cameron Hayley piloted at Dover, New Hampshire Motor Speedway and Phoenix International Raceway in 2015.
- The Down Low on Dover… Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, Ben Rhodes, has three previous starts at the Monster Mile, one in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in 2015, and two in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East in 2013 and 2014. In 2015, Rhodes started ninth and finished 22nd, due to a crash. In 2014 Rhodes started third, led 21 laps, and finished 15th, and in 2013 the ThorSport Racing driver started 10th and finished 26th, due to a crash.
- Peanuts & Racing – A uniquely Southern Combination… The Carolina Nut Co., which specializes in unique flavored nuts, flavored peanuts, spicy nuts and candied nuts, will adorn the No. 41 Toyota Tundra of Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender, Ben Rhodes at Dover. The brand has 15 unique flavors of peanuts to choose from, including Carolina BBQ, Dill Pickle and Honey Roasted Chipotle, and can be purchased through your local retailer, or online at CarolinaNut.com.
- In The Loop – 2016… According to NASCAR’s Loop Data statistics, Rhodes is ranked fifth in Average Running Position (9.79), seventh in Driver Rating (89.4), second in Laps in the Top 15 (586), and first in Percentage of Laps Run on the Lead Lap (99.85% – 655 laps).
- Rookie Stripe… Rhodes is currently second in the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings behind leader, William Byron after four of 23 races this season.
- Race Rewind – Kansas… Rhodes started 10th, led the field three times for five laps, and finished 18th due to a last lap incident with the 21 truck.
Rhodes’ NCWTS Stats at Dover:
Laps Led: 0
Laps Completed: 169 of 200 (84.5%)
Rhodes’ 2016 NCWTS Stats:
- Starts: 4
- Poles: 1 (Martinsville, 2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 0
- Top-10 Finishes: 2
- Best Finish: 6th (Atlanta)
- Laps Completed: 654 of 655 (99.8%)
- Laps Led: 47
- Avg. Start: 10.5
- Avg. Finish: 11.8
Rhodes’ Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 8 since 2014
- First full-time season: 2016
- Poles: 1 (Martinsville, 2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 1 (Phoenix, 2014)
- Top-10 Finishes: 5
- Laps Completed: 1405 of 1437 (97.7%)
- Laps Led: 47
- First start: Martinsville (8th)
- Best finish: 5th: Phoenix
- Avg. Start: 9.5
- Avg. Finish: 11.4
Date: Friday, May 13
Time: 5:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1
Track: 1-mile concrete oval
Distance: 200 laps/200 miles
About Carolina Nut Co.:
For more than 60 years The Carolina Nut Co. has used unique handcrafted family recipes to create gourmet nut flavors for every nut lover. Located in Henderson, N.C., The Carolina Nut Co. is a family-owned company that is spreading its delicious nut creations throughout the nation. To learn more, visit www.carolinanut.com.
About Alpha Energy Solutions:
Alpha Energy Solutions is a commercial and industrial service provider specializing in building automation, indoor energy solutions, chillers, boilers, electrical, equipment rental, food equipment service, piping, plumbing, sheet metal, refrigeration, insulation, and part sales. With more than 200 service personnel, Alpha is one of the largest self-performing service providers. Alpha’s highly skilled technicians operate quickly and efficiently in all areas of system maintenance and management. As members of the community they serve, Alpha’s associates are committed to job quality and customer satisfaction. To learn more, visit www.alphamechanicalservice.com
About ThorSport Racing:
ThorSport Racing, based in a state-of-the-art 100,000-square-foot facility in Sandusky, Ohio, is the longest-tenured NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team. ThorSport Racing, which has competed in the NCWTS since 1996, will run the No. 88 Menards Toyota Tundra driven by two-time NCWTS drivers’ champion Matt Crafton, the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra driven by Cameron Hayley, the No. 41 Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra driven by Ben Rhodes, and the No. 98 Safelite/CURB Records Toyota Tundra driven by Rico Abreu in 2016. To learn more visit www.ThorSport.com
ThorSport Racing Media Contact: