ABOUT BEN RHODES
ABOUT BEN RHODES
February 21, 1997
2 (2017 & 2018)
650 (NASCAR Truck Series)
February 21, 1997
2 (2017 & 2018)
490 (NASCAR Truck Series)
Ben Rhodes began his racing career in go-karts in 2004, at just seven years old. The NASCAR champion has competed in numerous series and vehicles to climb the racing ladder. He currently competes in the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series for his fifth full-time season and for the longest tenured team—ThorSport Racing.
When not at the racetrack, Ben can be found back in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky with family and friends or in Sandusky, Ohio with his team. Away from it all, Ben enjoys working on his 1971 VW Beetle, aviation, movies, video games, sporting clays/range time, and boxing.
2018 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
- Earned three different poles for the season (Martinsville, Eldora, Canadian Tire Motorsports Park).
- Earned second-career victory at home track, Kentucky Speedway on July 12th.
- Completed 99.4% of all laps in 23 races.
- Led 232 laps for the season with eight top 5’s and thirteen top 10’s.
2017 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
- Earned one official pole at Pocono International Speedway, setting a new track record.
- Earned first-career NCWTS victory at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on September 30th.
- Led 203 laps and completed 91.7% of all laps in 23 races.
2016 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
- First full time season in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
- Career best finish of 2nd at Gateway Motorsports Park.
- Earned first-career NCWTS pole April 2nd at Martinsville Speedway.
- Started on the pole one additional time at Gateway Motorsports Park.
- Led 55 laps and completed 91.9% of all laps in 23 races.
2015 NASCAR XFINITY Series
- Made series debut in March at Iowa Speedway (IA), finishing seventh.
- Earned first-career NXS pole position August 29th at Elkart Lake, WI.
- Finished within top 13 four out of 10 starts.
- Had an average start of 12.5.
- Completed 93.6% of laps in 10 races he entered.
2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East
- Earned first-career NKNPSE pole position February 18th at Daytona International Speedway (FL).
- Earned first-career NKNPSE victory at Greenville Pickens Speedway (SC) on March 22nd.
- Went on a three-race pole streak (Daytona, Bristol, Greenville), as well as a four-race win streak (Iowa, Bowman Gray, Five Flags, Langley).
- Won the 2014 NKNPSE Championship (clinched one race prior to end of season).
- Won the 2014 NKNPSE Rookie of the Year.
- Voted by the fans as the 2014 NKNPSE Most Popular Driver.
- In 16 races, had 6 poles, 5 wins, 11 top 5s, 13 top 10s (average start: 2.6; average finish: 5.8).
- Completed 2110 of 2112 laps during the season, leading 778 (zero DNFs).
- Selected to be in the NASCAR Next program for the second year.
2014 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
- Made series debut in March at Martinsville Speedway (VA), finishing eighth.
- Obtained best-career NCWTS finish of fifth at Phoenix International Raceway (AZ) in November.
- In four starts, finished within top 10 three times.
2014 ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards
- Made series debut in August, finishing 11th.
- In second race, at home track of Kentucky Speedway, led many laps before wrecking out.
2013 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East
- Finished ninth in first-career start (Bristol Motor Speedway, TN).
- Earned career-best third amongst East drivers at Iowa Speedway (IA) in June in East-West combo.
- Selected in June by NASCAR to the NASCAR Next program.
- Finished fourth at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NH) in September.
- Seven starts – 2 top 5s, 5 top 10s, completed 94.6% of all laps.
- Earned two Coca-Cola Move of the Race awards (Iowa and Greenville).
- Earned one Sunoco Rookie of the Race award (Iowa).
- Finished 19th in points despite only competing in seven of 14 series events.
- Finished second in 2013 Most Popular Driver voting.
- Featured in Huffington Post discussing dangers of distracted driving.
2013 Late Model Stock
- Finished second in the inaugural UNOH Battle at the Beach at Daytona International Speedway (FL) in February (won his first Late Model Stock heat race at the event and started on pole).
- Finished third in the Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown at Richmond International Raceway (VA) behind NASCAR regulars Kyle Busch and David Ragan (best two-year average of any driver from 2012 – 2013).
- Earned first-career Late Model Stock win in August at Kingsport Speedway (TN). Went on to win the next night at Hickory Motor Speedway (TN).
- Led 149 of 150 laps to win the Fall Brawl in October at Hickory Motor Speedway.
- Won six Late Model Stock events across three tracks (Kingsport Speedway, Hickory Motor Speedway, and Greenville Pickens Speedway).
- 17 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Late Model starts – 6 wins, 11 top 5s.
- Earned three top-five finishes in 5 UARA-STARS Late Model Stock starts.
2012 Late Model
- Earned Rookie of the Race award in first UARA-STARS start of 2012 with third-place finish at Hickory Motor Speedway (NC) in March
- Finished in the top five in first-three Late Model events of 2012 in March.
- Raced to a sixth-place finish in the Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown at Richmond International Raceway (VA) in April.
- Earned first-career UARA-STARS pole position at Kingsport Speedway (TN) in May.
- Finished ninth in the UARA-STARS season point standings, despite not entering two races.
- 21 Late Model starts – 1 pole, 7 top 5s, 12 top 10s.
- Voted third nationally in Speed51.com’s 2012 Late Model Most Popular Driver contest.
2011 – 2010
2011 Late Model
- Made Late Model debut at Hickory Motor Speedway (NC) in July, finishing seventh.
- Qualified second in Dwight Huffman Memorial event at Hickory Motor Speedway in just his fifth Late Model start.
- Qualified within top 10 in five of seven starts.
- Finished within the top 10 in three of seven starts with best finish of fourth (twice).
2011 INEX Legend Cars
- Won 43 races in 2011, more than any other racers (over 1200 drivers internationally).
- Two 2011 Winter Championships in Young Lions division: Charlotte Motor Speedway (NC) Winter Heat Series champion and Auburndale Speedway (FL) Winter Nationals champion.
- 2011 F.A.S.T. Midwest Young Lions division champion.
- Finished third in Legends Big Money 100 at Charlotte Motor Speedway in a field filled with Pro division racers.
2009 - 2004
2008 – 2009 INEX Bandoleros
- Made Bandolero debut in 2008.
- Finished ninth in 2008 Bandolero Nationals in Bandits division at the Speedrome (IN).
- 2009 Kentucky state Bandolero Bandits champion.
- 2009 F.A.S.T. Midwest Bandolero Bandits champion.
- 2004 – 2009 Karting
2005 Falls City Kart Club Dirt champion
- 2007, 2008 and 2009 Fall Brawl Dirt Karting champion.
- 2007 Indiana state Karting champion.
- 2007 WKA Karting Family of the Year award winner.
Sign up to receive emails about sales, new merch, and more.