From ThorSport Racing PR:
Ben Rhodes, No. 41 Carolina Nut Co. Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Lucas Oil 150 – Phoenix International Raceway
Race No. 22 of 23
Laps Led: 0
2016 Driver Points: 14th
2016 Owner Points: 16th
Ben Rhodes Race Recap:
Ben Rhodes, driver of the No. 41 Carolina Nut Co. Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) in Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Lucas Oil 150. Starting ninth, Rhodes battled a tight Toyota Tundra from the drop of the green flag. Running as high as seventh, and as low as 18th, Rhodes was able to maintain a position inside the top-15 throughout the 150-lap event, and crossed the stripe in the 14th position behind race winner, Daniel Suarez.
Ben Rhodes Quote:
“We had a tough night in Phoenix. Our Carolina Nut Co. Toyota Tundra just didn’t have the speed that we needed, to be up front. It was tight the whole night, and we couldn’t carry the roll speed like we wished. On a more positive note, our balance didn’t go through a major shift like it did at Texas. We just need to go back and reevaluate for the final race of the season at Homestead-Miami Speedway.”
News & Notes:
- The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) had two practice sessions on Friday at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) in preparation for Friday night’s Lucas Oil 150. Ben Rhodes was second, and 11th, in both sessions, respectively.
- Making his second career start at PIR in the NCWTS, Rhodes started ninth, ran as high as seventh, and finished 14th in the 150-lap event.
- In two starts at the 1-mile oval, Rhodes has one top-five finish.
- Following Friday night’s Lucas Oil 150, Toyota was able to clinch the 2016 NCWTS manufacturer’s championship – their ninth title in 13 season competing in the series.
- In 22 starts in 2016, Rhodes has led 55 laps en route to two top-five, and five top-10 finishes.
- In 26 career NCWTS starts, Rhodes has one pole (Martinsville), and has led 55 laps en route to three top-five, and eight top-10 finishes.
- Rhodes’ ThorSport Racing teammates finished third (Matt Crafton), fourth (Cameron Hayley), and 11th (Rico Abreu).
- Up Next: The Ford EcoBoost 200 at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Friday, November 18 at 8pm ET.
About Carolina Nut Co.:
For more than 60 years The Carolina Nut Co. has used unique handcrafted family recipes to create gourmet nut flavors for every nut lover. Located in Henderson, N.C., The Carolina Nut Co. is a family-owned company that is spreading its delicious nut creations throughout the nation. To learn more, visit www.carolinanut.com.
About ThorSport Racing:
ThorSport Racing, based in Sandusky, Ohio, is the longest-tenured NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team. ThorSport Racing, which has competed in the NCWTS since 1996, will run the No. 88 Menards Toyota Tundra driven by two-time NCWTS drivers’ champion Matt Crafton, the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra driven by Cameron Hayley, the No. 41 Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra driven by Ben Rhodes, and the No. 98 Safelite/CURB Records Toyota Tundra driven by Rico Abreu in 2016. To learn more visit www.ThorSport.com
ThorSport Racing Media Contact: