From ThorSport Racing PR:
Ben Rhodes, No. 41 Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Martinsville Speedway – Alpha Energy Solutions 250
Race No. 3 of 23
Crew Chief: Kevin Bellicourt
Engine: Triad Racing Technologies
2016 Driver Point Standings: 8th
2016 Owner Point Standings: 8th
Sounding Off – Ben Rhodes:
Martinsville Speedway is the first short-track race on the schedule. Is it something you’re looking forward to?
“Martinsville Speedway, it’s the type of track I grew up racing on – the paperclip-style racing, the short-track style racing, and I’m looking forward to getting back to that, the short tracks. The high-speed stuff is fun, but the beating and banging is what I know, and I think the fans love it too, there is always a great turn out there. Surprisingly enough, you do feel the aero at Martinsville, which is crazy only being a half-mile track, and I’m excited for it. I know ThorSport Racing has a good program there – they have some wins, and their trucks are always fast, and always at the front of the pack.”
Would you consider Martinsville Speedway a mentally draining track?
“It’s mentally draining pretty much everywhere now, because the speeds are so fast – you’re concentrating on so much, and even more so in the pack at Martinsville. You are constantly checking your mirrors, there’s beating and banging, and a lot is going on.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Information… The No. 41 ThorSport Racing team will utilize chassis No. 49 for Saturday’s Alpha Energy Solutions 250 at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. This is the same chassis that Cameron Hayley piloted at both Martinsville Speedway events in 2015, Gateway (Ill.) Motorsports Park, and Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway. Hayley’s success in this chassis includes two top-five finishes; third at Martinsville (March), and fifth at Gateway.
- Martinsville Minute… Rhodes made his NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut at Martinsville Speedway on Sunday, March 30, 2014 with Turner Scott Motorsports.
- Rookie Stripe… Rhodes continues to lead the 2016 Sunoco Rookie of the Year battle with 30 points, five points ahead of second place, Grant Enfinger going into the third race of the season at Martinsville Speedway.
- Hot Diggity Dog… During the March 22nd Media Day at Martinsville Speedway, Rhodes tried, and enjoyed, the famous Martinsville Speedway hot dog for the first time. “It was delicious. I’m mad I never had one before now,” said Rhodes.
- First in Quality, First in Service, First for You… In conjunction with the entitlement sponsorship of the Alpha Energy Solutions 250 on Saturday, the race sponsor will have over 240 guests in the grandstands and in a suite during the 250-lap event to support Rhodes and his No. 41 ThorSport Racing team.
- Atlanta Recap… Rhodes started seventh and finished sixth in his track debut at Atlanta (Ga.) Motor Speedway.
Rhodes’ Martinsville Speedway stats:
- One start (March, 2014)
- Started: 12th
- Finished: 8th
- Laps completed: 256 of 256 (100%)
- 0 laps led
Rhodes’ Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 6 since 2014
- First full-time season: 2016
- Top-5 Finishes: 1 (Phoenix, 2014)
- Top-10 Finishes: 5
- Laps Completed: 981 of 1012 (96.9%)
- Laps Led: 0
- First start: Martinsville (8th)
- Best start: 4th: Phoenix
- Best finish: 5th: Phoenix
- Avg. Start: 10.8
- Avg. Finish: 9.5
Date: Saturday, April 2, 2016
Time: 2:30pm ET on FOX Sports 1
Track: .526-mile paperclip
Distance: 250 laps/131.5 miles
About Alpha Energy Solutions:
Alpha Energy Solutions is a commercial and industrial service provider specializing in building automation, indoor energy solutions, chillers, boilers, electrical, equipment rental, food equipment service, piping, plumbing, sheet metal, refrigeration, insulation, and part sales. With more than 200 service personnel, Alpha is one of the largest self-performing service providers. Alpha’s highly skilled technicians operate quickly and efficiently in all areas of system maintenance and management. As members of the community they serve, Alpha’s associates are committed to job quality and customer satisfaction. To learn more, visit www.alphamechanicalservice.com
About ThorSport Racing:
ThorSport Racing, based in a state-of-the-art 100,000-square-foot facility in Sandusky, Ohio, is the longest-tenured NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team. ThorSport Racing, which has competed in the NCWTS since 1996, will run the No. 88 Menards Toyota Tundra driven by two-time NCWTS drivers’ champion Matt Crafton, the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra driven by Cameron Hayley, the No. 41 Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra driven by Ben Rhodes, and the No. 98 Safelite/CURB Records Toyota Tundra driven by Rico Abreu in 2016. To learn more visit www.ThorSport.com
ThorSport Racing Media Contact: