From ThorSport Racing PR:
Ben Rhodes, No. 41 XPO Logistics / Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra
NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Eldora Speedway – Aspen Dental Eldora Dirt Derby
Race No. 11 of 23
Crew Chief: Kevin Bellicourt
Engine: Triad Racing Technologies
2016 Driver Point Standings: 10th
2016 Owner Point Standings: 9th
Sounding Off – Ben Rhodes:
Are you ready to go dirt racing here in Eldora?
“I am. The last time I raced on dirt was in go-karts, so it’s been a few years, and I’ve got a little bit to pick up on – a little bit to learn. The good news is, that I’ve got a couple good people that have raced on dirt at, ThorSport, that can help me. This one guy’s name is Rico Abreu, or something like that, and he’s raced sprint cars for a long time now. Tracy Hines, our competition director, isn’t too shabby on dirt, and our engineer has done some dirt stuff too. So, I’m just trying to learn as much as I can from them, take some notes, and I think it’ll be fine. I like loose race cars, so I think the dirt will be really fun.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter…The No. 41 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 53 for Wednesday night’s Aspen Dental Eldora Dirt Derby at Eldora Speedway. This is the same chassis Rhodes piloted earlier this season at Atlanta Motor Speedway, finishing sixth, and Kansas Speedway, finishing 18th.
- Eldora Dirt… Although Rhodes will be making his 15th career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) start at Eldora Speedway, the ThorSport Racing driver will make his track debut at the prestigious half-mile “Big E” on Wednesday night.
- XPO Logistics… XPO Logistics, one of the world’s largest providers of transportation and logistics services, will co-sponsor Rhodes for two NCWTS races in 2016. The global XPO Logistics brand will be featured on the No. 41 Toyota Tundra at the 4th Annual Aspen Dental Eldora Dirt Derby at Eldora Speedway and at Talladega Superspeedway later this season.
- Rookie Stripe… Rhodes is currently third in the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings behind leader, William Byron after 10 of 23 races this season.
- Race Rewind – Kentucky…In his track debut at Kentucky Speedway in the NCWTS, the ThorSport Racing driver started 9th, ran as high as fifth, and finished 13th.
Rhodes’ 2016 NCWTS Stats:
- Starts: 10
- Poles: 1 (Martinsville, 2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 2
- Top-10 Finishes: 4
- Laps Completed: 1596 of 1666 (95.8%)
- Laps Led: 51
- Avg. Start: 9.6
- Avg. Finish: 12.2
Rhodes’ Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 14 since 2014
- First full-time season: 2016
- Poles: 1 (Martinsville, 2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 3
- Top-10 Finishes: 7
- Laps Completed: 2347 of 2448 (95.9%)
- Laps Led: 51
- First start: Martinsville (8th)
- Best finish: 2nd (Gateway, 2016)
- Avg. Start: 9.3
- Avg. Finish: 11.9
Date: Wednesday, July 20
Time: 9:00pm ET on FOX Sports 1
Track: half-mile clay oval
Distance: 3 segments; 40-50-60 (150 laps/75 miles)
About XPO Logistics
XPO Logistics, Inc. (NYSE: XPO) is a top ten global provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. The company provides services for truckload brokerage and transportation, last mile logistics, engineered supply chain solutions, high-value-add warehousing and distribution, ground and air expedite, less-than-truckload transportation, intermodal, drayage, managed transportation and global forwarding. XPO serves more than 50,000 customers with a highly integrated network of over 87,000 employees and 1,440 locations in 33 countries. XPO’s corporate headquarters is in Greenwich, Conn., USA, and its European headquarters is in Lyon, France. For more information visit: www.xpo.com.
About Alpha Energy Solutions:
Alpha Energy Solutions is a commercial and industrial service provider specializing in building automation, indoor energy solutions, chillers, boilers, electrical, equipment rental, food equipment service, piping, plumbing, sheet metal, refrigeration, insulation, and part sales. With more than 200 service personnel, Alpha is one of the largest self-performing service providers. Alpha’s highly skilled technicians operate quickly and efficiently in all areas of system maintenance and management. As members of the community they serve, Alpha’s associates are committed to job quality and customer satisfaction. To learn more, visit www.alphamechanicalservice.com
About ThorSport Racing:
ThorSport Racing, based in a state-of-the-art 100,000-square-foot facility in Sandusky, Ohio, is the longest-tenured NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team. ThorSport Racing, which has competed in the NCWTS since 1996, will run the No. 88 Menards Toyota Tundra driven by two-time NCWTS drivers’ champion Matt Crafton, the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra driven by Cameron Hayley, the No. 41 Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra driven by Ben Rhodes, and the No. 98 Safelite/CURB Records Toyota Tundra driven by Rico Abreu in 2016. To learn more visit www.ThorSport.com
ThorSport Racing Media Contact: